Follow me on Facebook

4/29/2010

Our first encounter

Ahhh! Monday morning and the college which I had started disliking on the very first day...not a good combination. I woke up late this morning, wasn't in a cheerful mood and absent-mindedly poured my milk all over the floor. (yes, I still drink milk!) But, one thing was still fascinating me...the idea of meeting my sister's crush. I don't know why I was so eager to meet Rohan. "Chill! He is my sister's crush, not mine. I haven't even seen him" I thought and got into my car.


College seemed to be a bit more lively today.There were many new faces in college today. I found out later in the day that these chirpy people were our seniors and their classes had commenced today so they hadn't come on OUR first day. I was wandering aimlessly in the corridor of my college when a senior got hold of me. "Hey fuchha,come here." he called out to me in a commanding tone. I am not afraid of such bullies or anything. I am an extrovert and bold enough to face such people. But, no one had taught me the ways of college. I didn't know that this is how it goes on the first days of college. Anyways, I went to the guy and he demanded, "What's your name?" I was in no mood to surrender "What's your name?" I questioned back. He was taken aback by my question as he wasn't expecting anything of this sort. A snobbish looking girl standing next to him commented, "Oh! miss attitude. How rude! We're just asking for your name. But let her go Ankit, she's not worth talking to!" My mood changed from bad to worse. But with a feeling of triumph I moved towards my class.


As I went to my class I could see no one from my class. New faces were all staring at me as I entered...most of them were. But I silently went to one of the desks and sat there. A senior was sitting on the table of the desk next to mine. And an arrogant looking guy (who didn't seem to be a senior anyway because of his school boy looks) was sitting on the bench. I felt drawn towards that guy. "He is cute, but how cheeky. He isn't that cool" was my prejudiced opinion. The guy was being ragged by that senior ( although in a very casual way). She asked him about his interests. "I have a passion for acting" He said with an air of haughtiness (or as i supposed it to be). This thing in him attracted me more as I was passionate about acting as well. I liked his style. The senior (whose name, as I later discovered, was Sunidhi) was also impressed by his statement. "Okay then! Show us something, entertain us with your acting" She said. She was straightforward and a bit bossy. But I like her anyway. The guy said defending himself " I can't act on the spot. I need some script and time to practice." Here I, trying to seek his attention, passed a sarcastic comment "Why can't anyone act on the spot? An actor can act without the script and everything" Sunidhi agreed with me. But That guy didn't pay much heed to my comment and started a friendly argument with Sunidhi. This enraged me. I felt insulted. I made up my mind to dislike this guy in future. But somewhere down my heart I knew that I had started feeling something for him. Only a little bit though.

But that was not all for the day. The second day of my college was filled with a lot more excitement than I had expected. Palak called out to me later in the day. She was sitting with her classmates in the corridor and I was roaming like idiots with my new friends from my class.Personally i feel all of them are useless. She took me to a corner and from there giving me a secret wink said pointing towards a guy, "That's RV!". My eyes popped out to see who he was. He was the same guy who had unintentionally or intentionally insulted me. Who coudn't act on the spot. And who had attracted me so much. I started feeling uncomfortable. He was my sister's crush. Shit! I had to get him out of my mind. And I also had to fulfill the promise I had made to myself the other day. I had to be friends with him for my sister's sake. I pretended to be excited in front of my sister and be indifferent at the same time."What this is your choice? You find him cute? What happened to you eyes?" was my immediate response. She seemed offended. "come on, he is cute." she replied. "Okay fine, just wait and watch!" I went and sat next to Rohan. I already knew some of Palak's classmates as she had introduced them to me earlier. I sat there chitchatting with them when I started talking about acting and my passion for acting (intentionally). Rohan listened to me carefully and then I turned towards him. I started talking to him about acting and after a while we both were talking about acting, college and other things. We both got so involved in talking with each other that we did not care about what people were doing around us. He got involved because we were mainly talking about his passion and I got involved for my sister's sake (or mine, couldn't figure out!). Then suddenly one of Rohan's friends started teasing both of us. He linked us with each other. I blushed! Rohan ran after him to beat him (Baah...typical guy attitude). I walked away from there and thought a lot about Rohan , Palak and me for the rest of the day. And as i sit here writing this I have decided I am going to help my sister. My feelings are not that strong. No. they are not! No way! He is just another silly strange queer looking guy. What's so special about him? Okay now, no more of Rohan..Uhh just get him out of your mind Isha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a comment and help me improve..thanks!